Step 1: Offer Accepted - Now What?
- Deposit is made and delivered to the Listing Brokerage (within 24 hours) of acceptance.
- Within the Offer (schedule A) take note of your conditions, and what dates must be met. Usually, Financing or/and Inspection conditions are two.
- Think of a lawyer to close your deal, or Review the paperwork.
Step 2: Preparing to Remove Your Conditions
- Inspections - Hire an Inspector & get the report
- Mortgage Financing Condition - Appraisal of the property may have to be done. Finalize all paperwork for mortgage approval.
Step 3: Your Offer is Now Firm!
- Insurance binder letter required on closing day from your insurance company
- Forward mail to your new address
- Hire a moving company if needed
- Pods Moving & Storage Solved
- Use promo code REALTY to save 10%.
- Utilities: Remember to place utilities in your name prior to moving in!
- Your lawyer will complete the paperwork, so the home is legally in your possession
- A few days before closing day the paperwork will be signed with your lawyer
- On closing day, access to your keys will be arranged for pickup either at lawyers office or by lockbox access
Source: OREA (Ontario Real Estate Association) www.howrealtorshelp.ca
|Closing Steps.pdf||115.23 KB|